Home health care (HHC) is a service that can be received in the privacy of your own home. HHC can support earlier discharge from inpatient settings or prevent hospitalization in the first place, thereby improving health and saving money for you and for Medicare.
Examples of home health services you may receive:
- Wound care
- Patient and caregiver education
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy
- Monitoring serious illness and unstable health status
But what is the goal of home health care?
- Treat illness or injury
- Get better
- Regain your independence
- Become as self-sufficient as possible
- Restore your previous level of health and function or better.
- Slow decline
Home health care can be paid in full using your Medicare benefits. Schedule an appointment with us to see if you qualify.
What might you expect from home health care? Nurses, therapists, and aides will….
- Check that you are eating and drinking
- Consuming the proper diet and proper portion
- Check blood pressure, temperature, and heart rate
- Check medications
- Prescriptions are filled and taken correctly
- Teach you about your care and how to care for yourself
- Establishing self-care programs
- Communicate with you, your doctor, and your caregivers
- Relaying all information about your health and progress
- Help with rehab